For the snowbird, the beach vacation, all inclusive is typical.
- Somewhere warm. Check
- Inexpensive. Check
- Relaxing. Check
- All your needs catered to. Check
But what if you want to put a bit of Lifer in your Cruiser? (Lifer and Cruiser being travel personalities (What’s your travel personality?))
Or you travel mate declares that they’re “a bit bored with beaches” and want something with a bit of adventure.
You’re intrigued. You heard off to the Oracle (also known as Google) and put in a few search terms…
….and eventually come up with this delightful gem: the Costa Rica – Borinquen Mountain Resort and Spa
A few of the highlights:
- Located in the mountains just over an hour from the Liberia airport. According to Expedia – airport transfers are available, but you’ll need to call ahead. (Beach and area shuttles are also available for a surcharge)
- Complimentary breakfast and two restaurants on site (one of which is fine dining)
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Mud baths
- Hot springs
- Ziplining on site
- Rafting on site
- Ecotours on site (on ATV or horses. Horses!)
- And you get to see monkeys
Of course, you also took a look at reviews on Trip Advisor, Expedia and Google, all of which were overwhelming positive. However, apparently, the fine dining restaurant is a bit on the pricey side, the road to the location is gravel in some areas, and once you arrive, it might be a bit of hilly trek to your accommodation.
Still, it would make one heck of a great getaway!